The bulk of this month’s work has been at the shop. We’ve had some drainage issues, and one solution is to replace a single tube downspout with a double tube downspout, effectively doubling the volume of water which can be whisked off the roof of the building. Here are some photos:
I ran the lawn mower over the lawn of the Central TX house in early December. That will be the last time this year. I trimmed a few bushes.
Nothing at the ranch or the store this month. At the San Antonio house, we’re still working on the bathroom sink drain. The drain has been replaced from the sink to the wall. New shut off valves have been placed on the water supply lines. The cold water one leaked when we first turned the water on, but it turned out to be a filing in the threads. Once we cleaned that out, it’s fine. There’s still a small drip leak in the hot water side, and it wasn’t a filing in the thread, so hubby and I suspect a cracked valve, so it will need to be replaced when he returns from Central TX next week (I could probably do it, but I think he’d be angry I messed with his job, so I’ll leave it alone). Hubby hates plumbing, and me messing with his job in the middle would not be a good thing.
We have raked and bagged leaves in San Antonio, and some more have fallen from the tree, so there is more to do. If I wait a few days, we may get some wind, which will blow most of the leaves up to the front hedge, making it easier to bag them. I trimmed a few branches today and put the out for the trash guys to take tomorrow. More tree work is on the agenda from now through the end of the month as well as, I hope, finishing the bathtub drain repair and a few other under-house plumbing matters.